Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Almost summer

Summer has somewhat began and I am lovin' it. I spent the last 10 days in Rome for my mum's and my birthday.
It was goodbye England's stormy 9 degrees C and heellloo 40+ degrees C Rome! I tanned, hung out by the pool, shopped in the center and had ice cream and 'grattachecca' breaks and jaaaa it's finally feeling like summer again! Rome is so fabulous during summer. I think recently moving to England has given me a whole new appreciation for summer, I think I love it even more (if that's even possible!). I took lots of photos on my film camera but we'll have to wait for those.

My stepsister even flew in from Germany and for my mum's birthday we went to Rome's oldest chocolate factory where all dishes (including fish, pasta and seafood!) were cooked in chocolate. Sounds crazy but nom nom nom! I felt like Augustus Gloop in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory that night.. 
The next day my mum threw a massive party at ours for our birthdays with DJs, bartenders, and so much, so much incredible food. The next day was my birthday and we went to the Sistine chapel (I've actually never been, I'm such a bad Roman!) and went out to eat one of my favourite pastas, cacio e pepe. AND last night was my cousin's birthday who had a party to watch the Italy game with an insane buffet. All in all, bikini bod I am so not ready for you right now.








Meet my stepsister Annika












Post-party morning exhaustion


Oh and I almost forgot! On June 12th my mum surprised me with tickets to Madonna's concert! Let's face it, she was way more excited about this than I was. It was loads of fun though, I taught her the modern 'club dances' such as the fist pump and the stadium was invaded by gay guys who were absolutely fabulous and madly werk'd it during the show. I must admit, that woman is fieee-rce!


Martin Solveig







I'm flying back to England today to do one last exam and move out of my uni halls. From 43° C to 9° C.. sigh. 
It's only for four days, Camilla YOU CAN DO IT!

For me summer officially and properly begins on saturday. Has your summer started yet?

1 comment:

  1. I love all of your pictures! they are great <3

    cityto-city.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...