Sunday, June 03, 2012

Luminous and wired

After some very upsetting times and quite a bit of drama with my flatmate (we were supposed to go to the Coventry on tuesday), yesterday I ended up going to London to see Coldplay at the Emirates stadium.

Yesterday was one of the best days of my life. As you may already know, I am the ultimate concert junkie and I've been dying to see Coldplay for so long, but I knew this was going to be an entirely different experience.

Because of my last-minute change I got a seating place. At first I was bummed but, turns out, it was actually better that way. I just want to skip to the best part of it all; the glowing wristbands.
Every single one of the 58,000 people in the stadium got a wristband that would light up automatically during the show. There was one moment as they were playing Charlie Brown, when for the first time they turned all the lights off and turned all the bracelets on. Okay, guys, the entire stadium gasped from the beauty of what was in front of us; the pictures don't even explain and the magnificence of the sight is hard to explain in words, but just try to imagine 58,000 coloured lights glowing and moving around in the pitch dark as Coldplay is playing in the background.
I've only cried from beauty twice in my life; once was in 7th grade camp in the Sahara desert where I saw the most incredible sky and the Milky Way, and the second time was last night.
It was so incredibly beautiful! And it was HUGE!

Coldplay didn't just make a marvelous musical show (as they would, with their flawless music!) but they also created an insane visual show with the wristbands, actual fireworks, confetti, balloons, blow up butterflies around the stadium...
There were people of all ages, families with kids, elderly couples, couples of 50 year old friends, all there chanting to The Scientist and Viva La Vida and Fix You (my god, Fix You made me an emotional wreck!) and I found it all touching and super adorable. I jammed and sang along to every single song so loud I'm surprised I still have any voice at all! It's been 24 hours now and I am still freaking out.

The entire 24 hours yesterday were wonderfully perfect, it was such a fun day and I wish I could thank Coldplay for an absolutely unforgettable night.







Looking awful and cold but really really happy

What the stadium looked like lit up by 58,000 glowing wristbands




Marina & the Diamonds


This week is Brighton Fashion Week and I had tickets to a fashion show today but woke up way overtired from yesterday so I decided not to go, whoops!
A busy week ahead, an exam, packing my room and then flying back to Italy.

Thank you for the lovely comments on my previous post, keep the suggestions of what you'd like to see next coming!


Camilla x

3 comments:

  1. wow that looks so amazing. plus i love marina, shes so talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow,that looks like out of paradise. All the lights are soo fantastic!
    Wish I was there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING POST!!!!

    http://hipandchips.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...