Tuesday, May 01, 2012

Reminiscing about Vienna

Thank you Lydia for requesting a post about Vienna!

As you may already know, I've lived in Vienna from 2007 to 2011 and I have such a soft spot for it. In 2011 it was voted the best city to live in, and I have to agree that living there (despite the cold!) was so glamorous and fun, especially since when I first moved there I was coming from four years in Morocco, such a massive change.

Walking around Vienna you feel like you're walking around in a fable, or actually, in a museum. Everything is spotless-looking and the buildings everywhere are just so fantastic. Another thing I loved is that it's famous for its traditional Viennese cafés, which offer incredible coffees and a crazy selection of cakes and where you can sit and just chill for hours on end and where you might just learn Freud used to sit at the table next to yours.

At the same time though it's so young and dynamic, there was always something going on, a new restaurant or brunch café opening, a cool exhibition at the ultra-hip Museumsquartier, a concert to attend, a bunch of rides to venture on at the Prater amusement park, some sort of festival, open markets and little hipster-ish stores to explore.

I'm just realizing now that while I lived there I took it completely for granted; I lived in a gorgeous house from the 1800s which I miss terribly, and Vienna was so beautiful and so super cool and right now I miss it so so much, I still feel like it's home and I haven't been there since last summer. However I just found out two days ago that I'm going back from May 24th to 27th! So excited!

I took these shots during my last week in Vienna, in July 2011.









These next few photos are kind of a compilation of 2007-2011.
















Shout out to Yasmin who requested to see some of my street style photos. You shall see those next!

What would you like to see after that? Here's some suggestions: my summer in Ischia, any concert I've been to, Frequency music festival, Madrid, my 4 years in Morocco, more of what I did in Vienna.. let me know in the comments.

Camilla x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...